Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thrift store transformation

I went thrifting again and found this awesome long sleeved shirt for a $1.50. ( awesome buy!) but it was just too plain for me so I decided to jazz it up. 


First thing I did was cut the sleeves off to make it weather appropriate.. 




Next I used some old t-shirts I had lying around the house and cut narrow strips out of the shirt 




I then went to my sewing machine and used a basic long running stitch down the center of the strip and created a ruffle ( i decided not to use the white in the shirt)


Next I pinned the ruffles to the shirt in a pattern I liked and overstitched the previous stitching and whala! a brand new shirt!








Hope you enjoyed this post comment, subscribe and tell your friends thanks! Happy crafting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment