Thursday, May 19, 2011

I made my first babydoll halter top!!!

Today browsing through the as is section of job I found this fabric......


FOR 50 CENT!!!!!


A total steal!! I just couldn't wait to get home and "attempt" to make something! After thinking I decided to make a babydoll halter top... 


So here's how I made it...


After doubling the fabric ( so I could make a front and back of the shirt) I measured from the top of my bust to the bottom at an angle and  also across.


Next I drew my shape on the fabric and then cut it out. I then pinned around it and sewed.




Next I used a piece of elastic.....


and sewed it inside the shirt right under the bust.




I then used some excess fabric to make the halter straps and sewed them onto the bust of the shirt.


I  then tried it on and whala!!!!! A brand new baby doll halter top!!....








 EXCEPT.......


Unfortunately There will be no pictures of me trying it on b.c I didn't do a good job at measuring the size of my bust and the cups are entirely too small! lol! I tried to wear a shirt underneath  but it did not look good with the back being out so.... with that being said I will probably be giving this shirt away.. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment